Pages

Tuesday, October 28, 2014

10 Spectacular Things




Coach Jennie put out a challenge to join her in writing about 10 Spectacular Things Happening Right Now.

Perfect timing she has, making me look on the sunny side when I'd like to settle in with the SAD for the next few months. So here we go:

1  .  I am done with cable/satellite TV. We are never ever ever getting back together. My Roku just arrived. Thank you Groupon! For the one-time cost of $60.00 and my daughter’s generosity in letting me share her Netflix account, I will never again pay the ridiculous price to flip on a TV and see that my choices are The Best Vacuum Ever! or Pro Golf. Or even worse, the news.

2.     One of my humor stories will appear in Not Your Mother’s Book on Working for a Living, out next month. I’ve been published before, but this will be the first time that I’ll have that thrill of opening a box found on the porch, to find it filled with copies of a book that my story is in.



3.     
My website for my solo biz badassery will (finally) launch soon. It won't have little dots where numbers should be, and it will have spectacular stuff for both current clients and new subscribers.

4.     When I returned from Oregon my friend Emi had a gift for me – A book titled A Year by the Sea, by Joan Anderson. It’s essentially about going away by yourself in order to find yourself. I have an aversion to marking in books and folding pages, but this one will be a mess when I’m done. Also, it’s spectacular to have friends who know what you need when you need it.


5.     Speaking of knowing what you need, I signed up for NaNoWriMo, and I’ve changed my mind. Because I can. I’m over 20,000 words in on my first novel, but I do not have to finish the draft in November. I’m working on numerous, shorter writing projects that make me just as happy if not more so than knowing I'll have a shitty first draft of a first novel completed. It will get done, but not at the expense of my other plans or my sanity. 
  
6.     The view from my kitchen window. It always looks like an R. Atkinson Fox painting.

7.     I’m with Autumn on hating autumn, but I’m surviving it so far, by avoiding all things pumpkin spice and all people who scream about how much they love fall. Honestly, I tried. I fired up the fireplace. I went to the pumpkin patch. Bought some gourds and mums. Then it warmed up again and the gourds turned to squash and I had to turn the gas logs off and open windows and I was very happy. I don't understand this love of watching everything die and waiting for the damned spectacular snowstorms to arrive.



8.     Did I mention Oregon? I spent the month of September there. That is not a spectacular thing that’s happening right now, but it was spectacular. I’m planning the next visit now, and that counts, right? I'll also be heading to Seattle after Christmas, to visit my sister and her family and meet their new rescue dogs, Henry and Cleo. I hear that they're so big that one of their crates could serve as my guest room and I'd never know the difference. Stay tuned to see where I sleep and if I'm allowed to pee when I need to or have to wait until someone lets me out. 

9.     Bachelor Juan Pablo and Nikki broke up. Just checking to see if you’re still reading.


1.   Kansas City Royals. 


S    
S    So tell me, what's spectacular in your neck of the woods? Take the challenge and write a blog post about your 10 things, or just leave a comment. Go Royals!







No comments:

Post a Comment