Pages

Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Exploring Cannon Beach, Oregon

Yesterday, Holly Higbee-Jansen blogged about Big Sur, California and made me want to pack my bags. Her post (see it here: http://www.jansenphotoexplorations.com/big-sur-photographers-dream/) inspired me to share a few photos from the Cannon Beach, Oregon area. I think this is my favorite place on earth.

I'm with Holly on slow travel. My last trip, we didn't venture very far from Cannon Beach. If we had, we would have missed adventures that are right there. This photo of the Tillamook lighthouse was taken from Indian Beach at Ecola State Park, just north of Cannon Beach.



We were probably too fascinated with this little guy that we met on Indian Beach, but you don't see squirrels like this in Missouri.




Oswald West State Park is only 10 miles south of Cannon Beach. This photo was taken on the hike toward Short Sand Beach, and the color was not adjusted - the rainforest really looks like that.


In Cannon Beach at low tide, you can walk out to Haystack Rock to explore.




You get to see this:


And that makes me happy.


6 comments:

  1. What beautiful pictures? Makes me wish I was there, and that squirrel...I've never seen one that large or that color. I guess I'm used to seeing the scrawny city squirrels...Looks like you had a great time :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stacey! Took us a while to even figure out it WAS a squirrel : ) Appreciate you coming by!

      Delete
  2. Awesome photos! This looks like a place that I'd like to visit someday. Thank you for sharing and allowing me to vacation by photo with you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Benita, you should try to get there. It's such a calming, beautiful place. Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  3. This was a fantastic trip with you! Love the greenery and the low tide pics. That made me happy too!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kathie! I think we should all have a blogging at the beach weekend - wouldn't that be fun?

      Delete