Pages

Thursday, October 3, 2013

Breaking Toes and Wasting Time





It’s day three of the Ultimate Blog Challenge and I’ve got nothin’. Nothin', I’m telling ya. So I’ll just tell you why I can’t write today.

My brain hurts. I had to read a long legal document to see if it says what the client wanted it to. I’ll have to remember to add translating legaleze to English to my resume.

Then I had to figure out how to change notification settings on Facebook. I mean, there are GOBS of people participating in the challenge, and every time any one of them posted their daily blog link or commented to the group, I got an email. Like every three seconds. Then I found myself distracted by reading numerous blogs while writing none.

There was a lockdown at the Capitol. I had to watch TV.

Then came sudden realization that I hadn’t Pinned, Tweeted, or Linked for a while. Still didn’t, but wasted hours on the webz.



And I broke my toe. Again. It’s ugly. I know you're dying to hear the hilarious story of how I broke my toe, and I tried to write it, really I did, but it just isn't as funny as the time I broke it by crashing into a framed photo of my ex. 

10 comments:

  1. lol! Obviously you had SOMETHING! I love this!

    Thanks for making my night ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this, lol. "I've got nothing" is so something, even though it doesn't seem like much! I totally just jumped in late too, blogged about it as well. Sorry about your toe! At least your toenails are looking fabulous! (which reminds me I need to go remove the fading and chipping blue polish off of mine).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Teri, in full disclosure, the pic is from the last time I broke my toe. But the polish looks exactly the same, but spotty, so maybe I haven't had a pedicure in, um, three years.? Thanks for stopping by and I'll check out your blog.

      Delete
  3. very entertaining "I got nuthin" post. made me smile..very real...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh dear! I wish I could read about that framed photo story!! And truly, this might be the best blog post about nothing - ever! Thanks! Appreciated the fun read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your kind words, Loralee! And you've given me a new blog idea - I just remembered that last break happened the day after I got fired. Surely I can make something of THAT.

      Delete
  5. Thanks, Sheryl! Happy blogging : )

    ReplyDelete